Frequently asked questions
- What does it cost to use the road?
View Current toll prices for the Eastern Distributor.
- What happens if I've travelled and didn't pay the toll?
- How do I pay the toll ?
- Can I use cash to pay the toll?
No. There are no toll booths on the Eastern Distributor. To pay you will need to open an account or purchase a pass before you travel.
- What do I do if I break down or am involved in an accident in the tunnel?
Stay in your car. The Motorway Control Centre has cameras that monitor the length of the road. A tow truck or service vehicle will quickly come to your assistance.
- Where do I go if there is a major incident in the tunnel?
Follow the instructions provided over your radio and the public address system. You may be directed to exit the tunnel through one of the emergency exits located every 120 metres.